Birth workers like midwives and doulas are often interested in incorporating herbs into their practices to help things go more smoothly, and rightly so – herbs can help a lot!
Although it’s easy to find information about herbs on the internet, it’s not so easy to figure out how to best apply that information to your work: there’s not always good guidance about which herbs are useful and effective, which are safe to use, and which are just herban legends. Katja seeks to provide some clear, widely applicable advice for common issues in pregnancy, as well as to set straight some of the more common confusions. This four-part video lecture course will help you help your clients herbally!
Also great for expecting parents!
Session topics include:
- First and Second Trimester
- herbs to avoid in pregnancy
- herbs which are safe in pregnancy (despite what you may have heard otherwise)
- “herban legends” – popular herbs which are commonly misused
- Third Trimester
- herbs to address common attendant complaints during pregnancy (nausea, heartburn, edema, constipation, PUPPPS rash, sciatica, incontinence, etc)
- Labor & Delivery
- holistic perspectives on birth induction
- herbs to ease the birthing process
- herbs for mitigating hemorrhage & other immediate post-birth issues
- dealing with “baby blues” and post-partum depression
- replenishing foods & useful supplements
- remedies for birth-related injuries (perineal tears, diastasis recti, episiotomoy, C-section)
- herbal support for breastfeeding
Throughout the course we also discuss herbs that can help keep you going, because you can only give your best care if you’re feeling healthy and steady. You’ll come away with a solid understanding of herbs that are safe and effective, ready to help babies and mamas!
This complete video series includes four two-hour sessions taught by Katja Swift.
BONUS documentation, resources, and discussion provided free with the course in our student forum to take your learning to the next level!