Podcast 063: Top 7 Herbs for Nutritionists and Dietitians
If you’re a practitioner of food-as-medicine and are interested in integrating herbs into your work – or just a health-seeker wondering if herbs can support dietary interventions – this is the episode for you! We present what we think are the seven best herbs for dietitians and nutritionists to learn about and to integrate into their practice.
These are plants that either provide direct nutrient content themselves, improve the ability to digest and absorb nutrients from the food you eat, or help shift mental and emotional patterns of relationship to food – each is equally important when it comes to improving one’s diet!
Our listener question this week: Why would you advise against working with meadowsweet for the pain of stomach cramps – isn’t it a “painkilling herb”? (Listen in for the answer!)
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Gut-Heal Tea
- Organic India Tulsi Tea
- The Holistic Herbalism Podcast, episode 23: Schisandra & Peppermint
- Urban Moonshine Calm Tummy Digestive Bitters – with chamomile & ginger
- The Metabolic Plant Feedback Hypothesis, Jurg Gertsch
- Chlorophyll and Chlorophyllin, Linus Pauling Institute
- Nettle & Friends – our other most important formula!
- Herbal Medicine for Beginners, our book!
- The Holistic Herbalism Podcast, episode 30: Tulsi & Formulating Absent Friends
Family Herbalist: Learn Your Herbs & Make Your Medicines – if you’re not sure where to start in learning herbalism, look no further! Get familiar with more than 85 herbs and learn how to make them into simple – but powerful – home remedies. Start today and take advantage of our 14-day, no-questions-asked, zero-risk return policy!
Join our newsletter for more herby goodness!
Get our newsletter delivered right to your inbox. You'll be first to hear about free mini-courses, podcast episodes, and other goodies about holistic herbalism.