Podcast 056: Herbs & the Holidays: Medicinal Virtues of Culinary Herbs
This week we continue our exploration of herbal holiday traditions with a quick chat about some of the ways herbs turn up in holiday foods. Whether it’s a nice herbed roast, a ginger-enhanced cranberry sauce, or a paleo mulling-spice cookie (yep, we’ve got a recipe for those!), herbs add more than flavor to your season – as if that weren’t enough!
PLUS: Listen in to get a coupon code for 25% off ANY of our online courses, good from now until December 21st!
Mentioned in this podcast:
- This post about hawthorn includes Katja’s cranberry sauce recipe. It’s super simple!
- These Ginger Chamomile Cookies can be modified to be Mulling Spice cookies with a simple substitution for a mulling spice blend in place of the ginger & chamomile powders. Try it!
- The Holistic Herbalism Podcast, episode 24 – Taco Seasoning Herbs
- The Holistic Herbalism Podcast, episode 35 – Cinnamon, Vanilla, & Cacao
- The Holistic Herbalism Podcast, episode 48 – Pumpkin Spice: That’s Herbalism Too!
Herbalism 101 is our entry-level program in practical herbalism: $450 gets you 58 hours of direct video instruction – that’s just $7.75 per hour! Pay all at once or in installments – and don’t worry: your access never expires. Still not sure? Try it for 14 days with our zero-risk return policy. Learn your herbs & make your medicines with this in-depth set of herb profiles & medicine-making instructions.
Join our newsletter for more herby goodness!
Get our newsletter delivered right to your inbox. You'll be first to hear about free mini-courses, podcast episodes, and other goodies about holistic herbalism.